Salvaging Key Employees by Improving Morale
- Overall, the company saved approximately $224,400.
- Employee Turnover: Reduced by 44 %, resulting approximately in $114,400 savings in salaries and benefit costs.
- Inventory: The Company has doubled its fleet of luxury motor coaches from 6 to 12 in one year.
Improving Morale, Decreasing Turnover, and Increasing Profitability
- The overall success of the implementation of our training assisted the company by improving their production by 2 points. This is interpreted as 2% per month of the job closure rate measured to the standard criteria. Financially each point represents $8,000 or $16,000 per month.
- We have been fortunate to work with Motor Products for 16 months, during which their ROI has increased to $256,000.
Reducing Candidate Interviewing Time by 600%
- JobScan Job Model provided quick and accurate description of the work styles and behavioral criteria required for the position.
- Targeted applicant advertising motivated only qualified applicants to attend the open house significantly decreasing the large number of unqualified applicants (From 100 to 50), saving hours of screening effort.
- Interviewing time was decreased from 1 1/2 hours per candidate to as little as 15 minutes, a reduction in time of 600%.
- Retention of valuable employees increased significantly as their strengths were valued and their motivating factors were provided.
Lowering Turnover from 33% to 2.8%
- Turnover was reduced from 33% to 2.8%. Employee retention increased as strengths were valued, motivators recognized and teamwork improved.
- Dispatcher Job Model profile, targeted advertising and customized interviewing made hiring more effective.
- Each of the 45 communication action items from the team sessions were addressed, improving morale and a sense of value (i.e. architect hired—redesigned work spaces, key people chosen to do the newsletter, etc.).
- Individual PDP profiles and TeamScan information was utilized for a more intimate understanding of each other. Conflict between and among the three dispatch shifts decreased as understanding increased.
- A committee to recognize employee excellence was implemented, further improving morale.
Screening ‘IN’ the Right Candidates, Increasing Tenure by 10%
- Screening capacity increased by 10% to allow for additional interviews
- HR Central has streamlined the application tracking process
- Recruiting staff has been reduced by 3.5 individuals
- Average employee tenure has increased by 10%, from 450 days to 495 days
- Supervisors now enjoy interviewing selected candidates who match the job model. They gain greater, more appropriate feedback as they use the questions from the interviewing guide
- Hiring managers are increasingly confident in the accuracy of their decisions. This has fostered stronger ‘buy in’ to the PDP program.